Saturday, October 18, 2014

I Can't Believe I Missed This

It was not in my collection back in the 1960s, and although I am a Batman fanatic, I somehow missed reading this story even when I got the issue:

But it ends up being an amazing issue for me.  For starters, there is a Riddler clue:

That one might not be obvious to you, but it is to me, because it refers to my birthday: March 4th (March Forth!)  But it does not end up being a Riddler story, or a Getaway Genius story as implied by the cover.  In fact it is the final Outsider story:


I talked about the Outsider series years ago; I honestly thought I had read them all.  I am a little chagrined to find out that there was another tale.

3 comments:

wprindle said...

Glad you posted this. The cover is another silver age gem by Carmine Infantino and Murphy Anderson, enhanced by a marvelous Jack Adler coloring job. Also, this comic contains two pages worth of letter columns, including a letter by Drury Moroz, a contributor to early fanzines.
Regards,
W.P.

Richard said...

"So, um...now that Alfred had an unexpected relapse and was acting like the Outsider again, is there any problem in continuing to entrust him with all our secrets and giving him control over every aspect of our lives?"

"None whatsoever! That seems fine to me!"

NES Boy said...

"It's one of the Riddler's puzzlers--arranged in advance! Well, we don't have to solve it now--he's safely behind bars!"

Yeah, because forget the possibility that he might be planning ahead. The World's Greatest Detective, everybody!