Thursday, April 01, 2021

Zinda Blake, Mermaid Blackhawk

 Kevin Ahearn shared this with me and now I'm sharing it with you.  It's a continuation of his wildly entertaining interpretation of the Lady Blackhawk saga, this time focusing on the time that Zinda Blake was turned into a mermaid.  Yeah, I didn't know about it either, but it happened:

But whereas the original was your basic Jack Schiff absurdity, Kevin turns it into a witty and intelligent movie against the backdrop of the Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba. Meryl Streep plays Zinda, Robert Redford is Blackhawk and Killer Shark is Bill Murray.  Now I don't know about you, but I'd pay good money to see that flick.

Kevin does amazing work with these.  I'm continually awed at the number of images he packs into his PDFs, and all of them come with that nostalgia catnip of "I remember that guy/gal/cartoon character!"  Just plain fun to read, and there are a LOT more; we haven't even gotten into Kid Blackhawk yet.  Highly recommended!

No comments: