Friday, July 25, 2014

I'm Sure You've Heard This Before....

Usual comic book serendipity thing.  I was poking through some back issue bins at the local comic shop and I came across some issues of a comic called Myth Adventures, liked the cover art and picked a few up.

So I'm reading these stories and really getting into them and I thought, hmmm, let's look up the artist, Phil Foglio, on Wikipedia.  So I did and saw he had a series in collaboration with his wife on-line, called Girl Genius, and started reading....

And four hours later I decided I should link it.  Holy crap, this series is so much fun.  It's not like I can claim to have discovered it; I suspect most of you have been reading it for years.  But if you haven't, you definitely have to go check it out.  The art has the perfect humorous style, and the story... well I've been reading it for four straight hours and am absolutely transfixed.

3 comments:

Al Bigley said...

Discovered Phil's work in the early 90s!

Great stuff!

Al Blgley

Booksteve said...

Phil also did a fun sex comic called XXXenophile that even women tend to like. Plus he wrote and drew DC's revival of STANLEY & HIS MONSTER!

Raiutaryuu said...

A little late on this, but to tie this in with your previous post, Phil also worked on a 1990s revival of Angel and the Ape.

He also was a regular contributor to Dragon magazine ("What's New, with Phil and Dixie") and handled the comics adaptation of a few of Robert Lyn's Myth novels.

He's really funny.