Monday, July 06, 2009

Elsewhere in the Comicsphere

First off, I should note that I have deleted a few blogs from the sidebar for inactivity. I don't like doing it, but I use the blogroll for surfing myself, and know how disappointed I am to surf over to another blog and see there's still no update. I am particularly sorry to see a few of them go, including Dial B for Blog (officially retired), the Fortress of Fortitude (officially retired) and I Believe in Bat-Mite (no posts in over two months). If you were previously on my blogroll and were deleted because of inactivity, please let me know if you start posting again.

On the plus side, I've added Blinded Me With Comics, the 1980s comic blog of our old buddy the Groovy Agent. If you're familiar with Diversions of the Groovy Kind (and who isn't), you'll find similar posts at BMWC, only focused on the Extraordinary Eighties rather than the Scintillating Seventies.

And although the cobwebs on other blogs resulted in my delinking them, I'm happy to add the House of Cobwebs, another terrific nostalgia zone. I like this post on Blackhawk #189, the famed "cavemen on flying jet-skis" issue.

Longtime blogroll resident Superman Fan has a terrific and blistering review of Superboy #143's The Big Fall. This one does seem like quite a crazy story; I love the Superboy Train.

Fourth of July bloggers: Golden Age Comics has a terrific patriotic Superman cover from the 1940s. Superman Fan has another patriotic pose by the Man of Steel. Mark Engblom shows the many Statue of Liberty covers over the years.