Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Around the Horn

Check out Blogged and Boarded, a blog that is going through the complete Marvel 1960s catalog in order of publication.  Entertaining and informative.

Steve Does Comics has done a couple of recent polls on the greatest enemies of Spiderman and the Fantastic Four.  The first place finishers are not surprising, but there is a good argument to be made for one of the runners-up in Spidey; "himself".

Jacque Nodell covers some fashion mistakes in romance comics so bad, it looks like they're Halloween costumes.

Mark Ginocchio reminisces on the desire, nay the lust, he felt for ASM #32.  As I mentioned in the commentsover there, a friend of mine traded me all his Spiderman back issues except for ASM #33, and so, irrationally, I decided that wasn't such a special issue.  I subsequently recovered my senses.

Was Batman in his late 40s in the 1960s?  Over at Nothing but Batman I cover Bob Haney's (and Neal Adams') Brave and Bold #84, which features Bruce Wayne parachuting into occupied France just before D-Day.

2 comments:

Steve Does Comics said...

Thanks for the plug. :)

Jacque Nodell said...

Ditto!